I am absolutely obsessed with the Curry Chicken Salad from Whole Foods. The price tag? Not so much! So I decided to take matters into my own hands and try to replicate my beloved Curry Chicken Salad. I am absolutely thrilled with the results! Not only does it taste like the Whole Food’s version but it’s also Whole30 compliant! There is no sugar added to this chicken salad (unlike the Whole Foods version).
This chicken salad is easy to make and perfect to have on hand for lunches throughout the school/work week. You can put it on toast, make it into a sandwich, or turn it into a wrap! I made boats out of romaine lettuce for my wraps and for my husband’s I used a whole grain tortilla.
I should warn you though…..it’s extremely addictive so it might not last very long in your refrigerator!
Curry Chicken Salad
2 chicken breasts, shredded (I boil mine for 30 minutes, allow them to cool, then shred)
1 cup of homemade mayonnaise (I used this recipe)
1 teaspoon of coriander
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of granulated garlic or garlic powder
½ teaspoon of ground ginger
½ of cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 mango, roughly chopped
¾ cup of currants
½ cup of almond slivers
½ cup of red onion, finely chopped
1 apple, finely chopped (I used Gala)
3 stalks of green onion, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, add mayo, coriander, turmeric, cumin, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
- In a food processor, combine mango and lemon juice and process until the mango is pureed. Add pureed mango mixture to the bowl of mayo.
- Add currants, almonds, red onion, apple, and green onion to the bowl of mayo and stir well.
- Add shredded chicken the bowl and toss until chicken is completely coated with the mayo mixture.
- Store in a closed container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with chopped green onions or almonds if desired and enjoy!
I want to hear from you! Have you tried this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comment section below!
2 thoughts on “Curry Chicken Salad”
Yum! Pinned this to try out soon… thanks!
thanks Laura! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! 🙂