Spring has arrived!
Well, sort of….it doesn’t quite feel like it here in the Midwest but I know beautiful weather, bright tree blossoms, and fragrant flowers are just around the corner. I was delighted to see a few bulbs breaking through the soil in my back yard the other day.
These muffins are the perfect way to add a little sunshine to your life while we wait for the Spring weather to arrive. These Lemon-Blueberry Muffins make the perfect breakfast on the go or an afternoon delight! The lemon perks these muffins right up without over powering them and aides in allowing the blueberry flavor to shine. Tastes like spring! These muffins are super moist and you will never believe that they are gluten free, grain free, and dairy free!
Makes a dozen
2/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 packed cup blanched and sifted almond flour
1/2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 packed tablespoon of lemon zest
1/4 cup canned coconut milk, full-fat
4 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
2 tablespoons raw honey
2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or Pure Maple Syrup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup of fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cupcake tin with foil liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, zest, and salt. Mix together with a for or whisk until combined.
3. In a separate medium sized bowl combine the eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, coconut sugar (or maple syrup), vanilla, and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
4. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture in the large bowl and whisk until ingredients are well combined. Gently fold the fresh berries into the batter.
5. Spoon the muffin batter into the foil liners placed in your cupcake tin and fill about ¾ of the way.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the muffins cool completely before serving.
Making these delicious muffins? Let me know by commenting below or using the hashtag #eatmovelivelove on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! I would love to hear how they turned out!