Pizza has to be the ultimate comfort food. It is definitely one of my family’s favorites! Unfortunately, a lot of people (such as myself) are unable to enjoy pizza due to digestive issues associated with gluten and other grains. Some just feel better over all avoiding gluten or grains in their diets. Others are trying to avoid the necessary amount of carbs that come with pizza. If you are one of these people, allow me to introduce you to my Paleo Pizza Crust!
This is the perfect gluten free and grain free pizza crust! It is also dairy free for those of you that need to avoid dairy. It is made up of a combination of almond, coconut, and tapioca flours. I tested out this recipe a few weeks ago and my family loved it. We will definitely be making this one again!
I made two pizzas. One for the boys with pepperoni and Graziano’s Italian Sausage and a veggie pizza filled with green/red bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes for me. Okay, I may have added a few pepperoni’s on mine…..
The best part about this pizza crust? It was super easy to make! No more delivery for this family!
Paleo Pizza Crust
(makes 1 large cookie sheet sized pizza)
1 cup of almond flour
¼ cup of coconut flour
¼ cup of tapioca flour
1 tsp. of baking soda
1 ½ tsp. of garlic powder
1 tsp. of oregano
1 tsp. of basil
½ tsp. of rosemary
1 tsp. of sea salt
½ tsp. of ground pepper
½ cup of full fat coconut milk from a can
3 tbs. of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk until ingredients are well combined
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, coconut milk and olive oil and whisk until ingredients are well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix well with a spatula.
- Pour mixture over a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Spread the sticky mixture evenly over the parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes and allow to cool before topping.
- Top with your favorite pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings and return to the oven for an additional 15- 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!
Making this recipe? Share your pictures by using hashtag #eatmovelivelove on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and let me know how it went!