Breakfast on the weekends has remained hearty and delicious throughout the Whole30 thanks to Sweet Potato Hash! It has been a great alternative to the traditional breakfast potatoes we normal serve on the weekends. This dish is easy to prepare and would pair great with a nice grilled steak or chicken breast for dinner.
For breakfast, I serve two sunny side up or over easy eggs on top of the hash to make a delicious skillet! A couple of times I even sliced up and added 2 links of Aidell’s Chicken & Apple Sausage to the sweet potato mixture before roasting in the oven. This made a great addition to our skillets. Especially for those that like to have a little meat with their breakfast. It’s one of the only Whole30 compliant sausages that I have found as it has no sugar or nitrates added. The boys love it!
- 2 tbs. of coconut oil, melted (or olive oil)
- 1 tbs. of garlic powder (or 1 clove of garlic, minced)
- 1 ½ tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of pepper
- 1 tbs. of paprika
- 1 tsp. of rosemary (optional)
- 1 onion, diced in 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced in 1 inch pieces
- ½ red bell pepper, diced in 1 inch pieces
- 3-4 medium sized sweet potatoes, washed and diced in o inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds. Combine garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, and rosemary in a small bowl, stir and set aside.
- Place diced sweet potatoes, onion, green and red bell pepper into a 9×13 baking dish. Drizzle melted coconut oil over the potato/vegetables, and evenly sprinkle the spices over the mixture. With a large spoon or clean hands, stir the potatoes and vegetables until the are evenly coated with oil/spice mixture.
- Bake at 425 for 45 minutes, stirring potatoes/vegetables every 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Have you tried it or plan on trying it this weekend for breakfast? I want to hear from you! Let me know in the comments below!
2 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Hash”
This sounds yummy and I want to try it this weekend. We love brunch at my house, and this sound like one I could give my family without them suspecting that it is healthy!
I made the hash for dinner with chicken. It is very tasty and I will make it part of my weekly meal planning.